It's no secret that I am a total foodie. I am also a huge football fan! So, the week before the Super Bowl is a pretty big deal to me. To say that I am excited about this year's Super Bowl is a total understatement. My team, the New England Patriots are playing the Seattle Seahawks. There are a whole lot of Seahawks fans here in Idaho so I've been receiving a whole lotta smack talk about "Deflategate" lately. I am so over it all and just want to watch some football! I won't be hosting a party on Super Bowl Sunday this year because if I invite friends over they might actually talk to me during the game! :) I will have a few friends over who know better than to do that. I came up with this yummy, hot, ooey, gooey, cheesy bacon dip to serve up for them during half time. I tried it out on some friends last night and it was a huge hit! Here is the recipe...
Hot Cheesy Bacon Dip
- 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 1/2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked to crispy and chopped up
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced small (leave the seeds and ribs in if you like it spicy!)
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash of worcestershire sauce
- bread, crackers, chips or veggies for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream on low with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy (1 to 2 minutes)
- Add the shredded cheese, cooked and chopped bacon, green onions, jalapeno, and dash of worcestershire sauce and mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Put the dip into a 1 quart oven-safe baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted throughout.
- Serve immediately with bread, crackers, chips or veggies.
If you live in the Boise area, tune into Good Morning Idaho at 6:40 a.m. on Channel 6 or at 7:20 a.m. on Channel 9 to watch me make this recipe LIVE!