There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hot Cheesy Bacon Dip



It's no secret that I am a total foodie.  I am also a huge football fan!  So, the week before the Super Bowl is a pretty big deal to me.  To say that I am excited about this year's Super Bowl is a total understatement.  My team, the New England Patriots are playing the Seattle Seahawks. There are a whole lot of Seahawks fans here in Idaho so I've been receiving a whole lotta smack talk about "Deflategate" lately.  I am so over it all and just want to watch some football!  I won't be hosting a party on Super Bowl Sunday this year because if I invite friends over they might actually talk to me during the game!  :)  I will have a few friends over who know better than to do that.  I came up with this yummy, hot, ooey, gooey, cheesy bacon dip to serve up for them during half time.  I tried it out on some friends last night and it was a huge hit!  Here is the recipe...

Hot Cheesy Bacon Dip

serves 4-6




Ingredients:

  • 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
  • 1 1/2 C sour cream
  • 2 1/2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 lb bacon, cooked to crispy and chopped up
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, diced small (leave the seeds and ribs in if you like it spicy!)
  • 6 green onions, finely chopped
  • 1 dash of worcestershire sauce
  • bread, crackers, chips or veggies for dipping

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream on low with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy (1 to 2 minutes)
  3. Add the shredded cheese, cooked and chopped bacon, green onions, jalapeno, and dash of worcestershire sauce and mix well with a rubber spatula.
  4. Put the dip into a 1 quart oven-safe baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted throughout. 
  5. Serve immediately with bread, crackers, chips or veggies.

If you live in the Boise area, tune into Good Morning Idaho at 6:40 a.m. on Channel 6 or at 7:20 a.m. on Channel 9 to watch me make this recipe LIVE!  

Enjoy, and GO PATS!



1 comment:

mackyton said...

Wow!! Hot cheesy bacon dip seems so delicious. Thanks for sharing recipe here dear. I will make it for my kid’s and friends. I am sure they are gonna enjoy it. I also attended a cooking class at event space Chicago last week, and I had learnt so many things which I can cook for my kids.