Easy No-Bake Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
I love cheesecake. I love it's versatility... different crusts, flavors and toppings galore. I prefer the traditional vanilla flavored with lots of fresh strawberries and whipped cream!
I recently found this recipe online for a no-bake cheesecake made with Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt? So it's even gotta be healthy right? ;-)
I tweaked the recipe just the bit. I made it in a pie form and in standard sized cupcakes. It is light, creamy and delicious!
Ingredients for crust:
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 C (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (melted)
Ingredients for cheesecake:
- 1 1/2 C vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/3 C sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Ingredients for strawberry topping:
- 2 C sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For the crust, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 9 inch pie plate or a spring form pan. Chill in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- For the filling, with a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, yogurt and sweetened condensed milk on medium speed, for about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Pour the filling onto the crust and smooth out the top. Chill in the refrigerator overnight or for about 12 hours.
- For the strawberry topping, sprinkle the sugar over the sliced strawberries. Stir well. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Let strawberries sit and macerate for about an hour. Spoon strawberry topping over sliced cheesecake just before serving. Add a dollop of whipped cream if you like!
Serves 8. Adapted from a recipe by Jessica Merchant.