There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Frozen Chocolate Mousse

Hey there foodies!
Its been a while since I've posted a recipe for you.  I'll be making an appearance on Good Morning Idaho tomorrow morning so I thought I'd share the recipe for what we'll be making.  Delicious and quick, frozen chocolate mousse!  I saw this recipe in Everyday with Rachel Ray magazine from April 2013 and I tweaked it just a little bit.

Ingredients:
1 cup finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 TBSP honey
1 tsp real vanilla extract
a pinch of kosher salt

Directions:
Mix together the chocolate and 1/2 C of the heavy whipping cream and melt in the microwave for one minute or slowly over a double boiler.
Whisk in the honey, vanilla and salt.  Set aside.
Beat the remaining 1/2 C heavy whipping cream (cold) in a cold bowl for about 5 minutes at medium to low speed.
Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream.
Freeze for at least 15 minutes.  Scoop into individual bowls and serve.

Makes about 4 servings.

Enjoy!
Lori

No comments: