And here is a recipe for my Simple Salted Caramel Sauce...
Simple Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 TBSP salted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the dark brown sugar and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream and continue whisking over medium heat for about 6 minutes to thicken.
- Add the salt and vanilla and whisk for 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately over cake, ice cream, apples... (whatever) or let cool and refrigerate for up to a few weeks.