Share It

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Baking With Beer from Brewforia

 .


We have a new restaurant that opened up recently here in my hometown of Eagle, ID called Brewforia.  I went there expecting to drink some really great beer and some average bar food.  Well, I was on the money about the really great beer but the food went way beyond my expectations!  Chef Ryan Hembree has created quite a menu for the restaurant.  He has come up with some unique dishes that you just can't find in other local restaurants and they pair up so well with the beers.  I talked to the chef and the owner about creating some cupcakes and other desserts with (and without) their specialty beers.  I had so much fun coming up with some new recipes.  Some were delicious, some not so much but I had fun creating.  Here are some of the beers that I baked with...

Photo: Creating delicious desserts with beers from Brewforia!  This is fun!

And here are some of the cupcakes I baked with them...









My Wicked Whisk and Brewforia will be collaborating very soon so check back for more info on that!
Tomorrow morning I will be sharing some fall cupcake ideas on Good Morning Idaho here in Boise on channel 6.  If you are local, tune in.  I'll be on at about 6:20am.  For you out of towners, I'll post a link to view the segment on their website.    

Happy October!
Lori


No comments: