- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened (not low fat)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 48 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners into two 12 count muffin pans.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
- Add the sugar and beat until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each one.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix for one minute.
- Place an Oreo cookie in the bottom of each of the cupcake liners.
- Fill each of the liners about 3/4 full with the cheesecake batter.
- Place another Oreo cookie on top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before transferring them to a baking rack.
- Top with cream cheese frosting, mascarpone frosting or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
Yields about 24 cupcakes.