Share It

Saturday, January 15, 2011

White Chocolate Chip Cookies (with pistachios and dried cranberries)

 
I'm sure these cookies are not going to please the masses.  I'm going to hear things, especially from my family like "I don't like white chocolate", "I'm allergic to pistachios", "Craisins?  Yech!".  Well, these cookies are simply a selfish pleasure for ME!  I made a white chocolate bark this past Christmas with pistachios and dried cranberries and I loved it.  I thought, "I ought to make a cookie out of these ingredients!"  So today, I did.  Here's what I came up with...
White Chocolate Chip Cookies (with pistachios and dried cranberries)
Ingredients:
  • 2 C unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 C unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 2 eggs (room temperature)
  • 3/4 C brown sugar
  • 1/2 C granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 C white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 C pistachio nuts
  • 1/2 C dried cranberries
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy, about 3 minutes.

Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix for another 2 minutes.

In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.

Mix dry ingredients into butter/sugar mixture slowly just until incorporated.

Fold in chips, nuts and dried cranberries.

Scoop out heaping tablespoon sized cookies (about 8 or 9 to a sheet).

Bake on baking stones or parchment paper lined baking sheets for about 13 to 14 minutes.

Cool for about 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling racks.

Recipe yields about 2 dozen cookies (but I doubled it because I like them a lot!)

1 comment:

honeybeecooksjackfruit said...

I would love that!!! Dont have pistachios at the moment, but I do have pecans. Will bookmark this recipe, thanks!