Share It

Friday, January 7, 2011

Welcome to My Wicked Whisk!

I am so excited to launch my new "foodie" blog today!  Before I tell you a little about me, I want to send out huge hugs and thanks to Divian Conner who designed my blog header!  I know Divian from the scrapbooking world.  She is so very talented as a scrapbooker, photographer and now a logo designer!  Check out her website here.

I've had my personal blog for several years.  I've used it primarily to showcase my paper crafts and personal photos and I plan on keeping it going.  Lately there have been more posts about food than anything so I decided to start "My Wicked Whisk" to share my passion for food with you.  The "wicked" in the title is meant as "wicked good" (a common adjective for Bostonians!).  I adore cooking and baking and I'm often asked to share recipes.  I am always happy to share, whether they are my own or from one of the fabulous foodie blogs that I follow.

I'm pretty much a homebody so cooking and baking are perfect hobbies for me.  While my craft studio used to be my favorite room in the house, I now spend more time in my kitchen.  Cooking is my new main creative outlet, much to the delight of my husband who we lovingly call "Special K" and my three hungry, growing boys.  My husband is in sales and just guess what he sells?  CHOCOLATE!  The chocolate salesman and the chocoholic.  Sounds like a romance novel, doesn't it?  A match made in heaven, I tell ya!

My specialty to cook is Italian which I learned by cooking along side my mom as a little girl.  Some of my best memories are those shared with my mom while rolling meatballs and watching our beloved Boston sports teams.  She passed away in 2005 but I often feel her presence with me when I'm cooking.  Cooking for people was my mom's way of showing people she loved them and I have definitely inherited that trait from her.  To me, food equals LOVE!

My favorite food to eat out is seafood, hands down!  Living in Idaho, I don't get a lot of fresh seafood to experiment with in my kitchen so I make sure I order it whenever I'm dining out if it's on the menu!  We often visit my husband's hometown of Seattle where we eat lots of fresh seafood.

Baking is also a passion of mine, especially cookies and cupcakes.  Piping a delicious buttercream frosting on a cupcake is close to euphoric for me!  I could spend a whole day making batch after batch of cookies, enjoying every minute.

I hope to share lots of photos, recipes, tips and reviews on this blog.   I also hope that it will be very interactive which means I'd love to hear from YOU!  I want to know what recipes you'd like me to share, what recipes you saw here that you've tried and I'd love to answer any questions you might have.

I hope you will become a follower and/or subscriber so that you will not miss one tasty bite! 

Cheers and Bon Appetit!

6 comments:

A Soldier Girl said...

So excited .. yay .. I get to be like Lori Crocker finally .. you go girl .. cannot wait to see this take off ..

AGoffinM-town said...

I'll follow, now if I can find the time to cook!

Tami said...

Love a foodie blog! Your enthusiasm for cooking/baking radiates throughout your intro! Can't wait to see what you show us as I'm always in need of new ideas.

Gina said...

yeah!!! so excited to follow you on another adventure.....now when are you going to start delivering those goodies???? :)

connie said...

I am always looking for something new/different to try!

honeybeecooksjackfruit said...

CongrATS on your new blog. Hubby sells chocolate... OOOh Im just a tiny bit jealous. LOL
Love your blog header and background, btw.