- 1 C (2 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup Hershey's cinnamon chips (these are hard to find but worth the search!)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat together (with hand mixer or paddle attatchment on stand mixer) butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Crack the two eggs into a small bowl and beat. Then add to butter and sugar and mix well.
Whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture just until incorporated.
Fold in cinnamon chips.
Chill dough for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
Scoop tablespoon size globs of dough and roll into balls.
Coat by gently rolling the balls of dough in the sugar/cinnamon mixture and bake for about 13 or 14 minutes on a baking stone or a parchment paper lined baking sheet. The cookies may look like they are not baked inside but they are. This will ensure a soft chewy cookie once cooled.
Let cookies rest for 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling racks.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.