Share It

Thursday, January 20, 2011

DIY cupcake wrappers!

Along with cooking and baking, paper crafting is one of my favorite hobbies.  I was able to combine these hobbies for these gameday treats I made for last Sunday's Patriots/Jets game.  I am a die hard Pats fan and the game did not turn out as I had hoped it would, but the cupcakes were really yummy!  :)

I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  I posted the recipe here.  I love cupcake wrappers but they are so darned expensive to buy so I thought I'd design my own.  I was working on some projects for the paint company that I design for, Shimmerz Paints and thought I'd make some of my own cupcake wrappers and use their new paints to decorate them!  I drew some templates (3 to a page), printed them out on 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock and cut them out.  I used some decorative scissors on the top curve.  I then used some paper adhesive to stick the ends together.   I sprayed some Anchors Away Coloringz paint from Shimmerz Paints on the wrapper and then gave them a little sparkle with Baby's Breath Shimmeringz.




For the picks, I printed out a sheet of the Patriots logo and used an scalloped oval paper punch to cut them out.  I then adhered them with a little tape to some red toothpicks and voila! 

For the finishing touch, I sprayed just a little bit of Anchors Away and My Bleeding Heart Coloringz on the frosting for a little color.  The paints are totally NON-TOXIC so no worries! To purchase Shimmerz Paints, go to their website here.

Here is a copy of the templates I drew to make these.  Just right click on the template, save and then print, cut out and decorate!



Have fun creating!


 

1 comment:

Creating Nirvana said...

Very cute idea! I love it.